It was a beautiful Saturday morning and the Wife and I had plans to meet our Friends at Falken in Long Beach for Round 1 of Formula Drift.
Huge thanks to Falken for their hospitality!
We arrived just in time to watch the top 16 battle it out for the win. Before they started I manged to walk around and check out all the new cars built for this season.
There has been quite a big swing to V8 power this year.
Matt Power’s Need for speed backed car sporting a pair of pink wheels on the drivers side (yellow on the passenger). With the new LS engine under the hood he was tearing it up in round 1.
Rhys Millen’s Red Bull Hyundai Genesis. Rumor is that he is pushing 700hp this year.
I was looking forward to watching Vaughn and his new Falken/Monster Energy Ford Mustang, sadly he had bad luck and didn’t Qualify.
Nice tool box!! (a little jealous… :))
Congrats to Team Falken on taking 1st and 3rd place!
Below Results were taken from Speedhunters.com
Formula DRIFT Professional Championship 2011 Point Standings after 1 Round
1. Pawlak, Justin – Falken Tire Ford Mustang 102 Points
2. Powers, Matt - Need for Speed Nissan S14 94 Points
3. Yoshihara, Daijiro - Discount Tire / Falken Tire Nissan S13 88 Points
4. Forsberg, Chris - NOS Energy Drink / Hankook Tire Nissan 370Z 70 Points
5. Mohan, Kyle - Nexen Tire / Mazdatrix Mazda RX-8 69 Points
6. Grunewald, Conrad - Hankook Tire Chevy Camaro 66 Points
7. Millen, Rhys - RMR / Red Bull Hyundai Genesis Coupe 65 Points
8. Tuerck, Ryan - Gardella Racing / Mobil 1 Pontiac Solstice 63 Points
9. Aasbo, Fredric - Need for Speed / Hankook Scion TC 61.50 Points
10. McNamara, Darren - Falken Tire Pontiac Saturn Sky 58 Points
11. McQuarrie, Tyler - Falken Tire Nissan 350Z 57 Points
11. Wilkerson, Walker - Intec Racing Nissan 240 57 Points
13. Field, Matt - Fatlace Nissan 240SX 56 Points
14. Petty, Ross - Garage Boso / Falken Tire Nissan Silvia S15 55 Points
14. Waldin, Matt - Helix Energy Drink Nissan 350Z 55 Points
16. Mertzanis, Dennis - Mertzanis Racing Nissan 240SX 54.50 Points
Cant wait for the Final Round of Formula D in October when they are back in CA at Irwindale.
Enjoy the images below, be sure to check out all 3 pages. Thanks for looking!