We are very excited to welcome all of you to AXIALFEST 2015. Like in years past, we will be leaving the confines of cement sidewalks, quaint neighborhoods and bumper to bumper traffic in favor of the great outdoors. The Cisco Grove Campground venue is the perfect spot for the Axial family to get together and share a weekend of fun and excitement. Please remember the focus of this event is all about having a good time. Please also remember that it is important to respect your temporary neighbors and this facility, as we want to come back in the future! Below you will find some helpful information to make your experience at AXIALFEST 2015 the best it can be. We are asking for a little homework before your arrival. This is not necessary, but should cut a tremendous amount of time out of your registration process, allowing you to get to the fun part of the weekend a little faster. We have also included some helpful tips for those of you who have not been to an AXIALFEST in the past as well as a checklist of basic supplies.
1. WAIVER – SKIP A STEP AT CHECK IN! If you want to cut the line to check in, download this waiver: ADULT and MINOR. Print it, fill out the info, and have it handy when you show up to check in! (For Pre-REG and ON SITE REG attendees)
ADULT Waiver: http://www.axialracing.com/assets/AXIALFEST2015Waiver18andover.pdf
MINOR Waiver(Under 18): http://www.axialracing.com/assets/AXIALFEST2015WaiverMinorsUnder18.pdf
2. CHECK IN PROCESS ONLY AFTER CHECKING IN YOUR VEHICLE AT THE CISCO GROVE MAIN OFFICE ALL VEHICLES MUST CHECK IN AT THE MAIN OFFICE! (pictured below)
After checking in with the campground, follow the AXIALFEST signs to head up to the Pavilion.
Steps for Driver Check In:
Step 1: SIGN WAIVER at Waiver Booth in front of the Pavillion (OR SKIP THIS STEP IF YOU PRINTED IT YOURSELF!)
Step 2: TECH INSPECTION OF YOUR MAIN RIG @ Tech Inspection Booth
Step 3: DRIVER CHECK IN
a. PRE-REGISTERED ATTENDEES (Online)
i. Line up by Driver Last Name
ii. Bring your pre-reg ticket confirmation with you and a form of ID
iii. Receive Event Wristband and Driver Bag!
b. ON-SITE REGISTRATION
i. All On-Site Registration MUST be made in CASH. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Note: Run Groups will be assigned here
Note: All ULTRA Drivers will be in Group G and run Trail G together
Step 4: PHOTO OP with your Main Rig
Step 5: CHECK SCHEDULE FOR YOUR ASSIGNED CLASS AND HAVE FUN! DRIVER CHECK IN TIMES: THURSDAY (6-9PM) – for those arriving on Thursday / EARLY DRIVER CHECK IN. FRIDAY (7:30AM-9:30AM; 5-7PM) – for those arriving on Friday. SATURDAY (8-10AM) – for those arriving on Saturday
AXIALFEST 2015 FINAL SCHEDULE
AXIALFEST 2015 Supplemental Intel
Warnings About Nature
Heat- Temperatures in the Sierras can reach as high as 100 degrees during the day and below freezing at night. Weather can vary. We have seen snow, ice, rain, as well as 90* temperatures all during the same weekend at Cisco Grove. Be prepared for all temperatures and types of weather.
Altitude- Cisco Grove is in a High Altitude area. Those traveling from lower elevations may experience some altitude sickness. Altitude sickness may give you headaches and dizziness, loss of appetite and drowsiness. If you experience these symptoms it is recommended that you drink plenty of water. Headaches can be treated with a mild pain reliever such as ibuprofen.
Food and Water- There are very limited food vendors around the Cisco Grove Campground. Hours and miles of Scale RC fun burns a lot of calories. You will need to replenish those calories and fluids. Pack extra food and water than you are expecting.
Wildlife- We will be camping in the mountains. There are all kinds of wild animals in the nearby forest. Be aware of this at all times, watch where you step and be aware of your surroundings. When driving your rig, be sure to look up and pay attention to where you are going and what is in front of you.
CODE OF CONDUCT
AXIALFEST is a family friendly event. Here a few guidelines:
• Mind your language when in groups. Remember, there are kids around.
• This isn’t a fraternity party, please act accordingly.
• Respect others wanting to sleep at night. Mind the campground quiet hours.
• Dress modestly. Again, kids will be around. Consider what is printed upon your clothing. • Respect the campground.
• Clean up after yourself.
• Don’t waste water.
• Don’t park in undesignated areas.
• If there is a non-emergency problem, reach out to the On-Site Axial Phone Line (contact listed below).
• If there is a life threatening emergency, call 911.
ATV/UAV Rules Off road vehicles that are not street legal and registered may not be ridden around the campground. OHVs may take the dirt path to the dirt road to access the Fordyce Trail. Registered street legal vehicles can be driven on the paved areas of the campground.
Emergency Contact Info
- On-Site Axial Phone Line (760) 846-5504 – This number is temporary, and will only be turned on for the duration of the event starting Thursday July 17th. This number is a way to reach Axial staff if there are any issues that you would like to report regarding the experience you are having on site. You will be able to speak to someone anonymously so that the Axial staff may try to rectify the situation. This is not a basic information number, for basic information, please proceed to the Pavilion.
- Gateway Urgent Care 11105 Donner Pass Rd Truckee, CA 96161 (530) 582-2070
- Tahoe Forest Hospital Donner Pass Road and Pine Ave 10121 Pine Avenue, PO Box 759 Truckee, CA 96160 (530) 587-6011
- Nevada County Sheriff’s Office 10879 Donner Pass Rd # A Truckee, CA 96161 (530) 582-7838
Printable Checklist of what to bring:
• Axial RC
• Batteries and Charger
• Spare Parts • Tools
• Food and water for three full days.
• Plates, cups, pots, pans, and utensils.
• T Shirts
• Socks and underwear, lots of them.
• Sturdy, close toed shoes, hiking boots recommended. Bring 2 pairs, in case one gets wet.
• Soap, shampoo, towel, quarters for showers.
• Tent, pad, sleeping bag, pillow
• EZ Up canopy
• Extra towels/rags
• Wash buckets, soap, sponge
• Now that your list is complete, bring more drinking water
TRAIL AND CAMP MAP
Above you’ll find the current trail and camp map. Each letter corresponds with a trail. For example, if you are assigned to Run Group C, you will START here at Trail C indicated on the map and then work your way around to D, E, G, A, and B.
Note: Trail G is for ULTRA classes only.
Below are some recent AXIALFEST 2015 announcements:
PRE-DRIVER’S MEETING INFO:http://www.axialracing.com/blog_posts/1073911017