Axialfest is coming to the Sierra Nevada Mountains in beautiful Northern California. Axial Racing is offering up an event that no Axial fan wants to miss; three days of R/C adventure and fun. Come experience the outdoor lifestyle with like minded enthusiasts. Let the adventure begin!
Axialfest is held in Cisco Grove, California. To some, the Cisco Grove Campground is the gateway to the Fordyce Trail; one of the toughest 4×4 trails that California has to offer, but there are trails from mild to wild for every off-road driver. Axialfest takes over the 406-site campground at Cisco Grove as many of the annual participants make this a full family vacation, coming early bringing off-road vehicles and exploring the campgrounds OHV trail access to 350 acres and the legendary Fordyce Trail that rivals the Rubicon!
Yes, this is a LIFESTYLE, R/C is an extension of that lifestyle!
Here is an overview of Axialfest & what drivers, fans, & adventurers have to be excited about, official Axialfest Activities kick off Friday June 22 at 8am.
Friday – June 22:
- RECON Rock Riot West Coast Championships Stage-1. 2.2-Comp Crawlers, your adventure is just beginning & the original AWCC Spirit is in the air.
- RECON G6 Challenge, stage 1. It’s time to get your scaler fix, in the Axialfest G6!
- RECON Night Rock Riot West Coast Championships, round 2. This is a night comp & for those drivers that have ever been to one of our night comps, OH MY! When I say, lighted cables of carnage, do you smile? When I say disco ball canyon, do you wanna dance? I do! But I am Brian Parker for polyester slacks sakes!
Saturday- June 23:
- RECON G6 Challenge Stage-2.
- EXOTERRA-CROSS. 3-classes of R/C racing action;
1. Exoterra Buggy
2. Axial Wraith / Ridgecrest / Wroncho / SCX10 w/2.2
Top Drivers in the heat races will see racing action in the Mains. This is not your typical race, it’s an EXOTERRA-CROSS.
- RECON G6 Challenge Stage-3, “Boogie Nights”.
Sunday – June 24:
- RECON G6 Ultimate Team Adventure Challenge – U.T.A.C.
This is a scale team challenge that consists of 3 members who each drive their own scaler and each member has a specific role.
-The Driver, is the team captain.
-The Navigator, will use a GPS to navigate team members to preset coordinates(teams must supply their own GPS, bring your Garmin’s or other GPS devices).
-The Support Driver, must carry required supplies for the team to complete certain tasks. The Support Driver will accomplish this by pulling a trailer or driving a 6×6. Teams will navigate to preset coordinates or G-Spots and complete tasks at each one, the team that completes all the tasks, has the fewest penalties, & gets back to G-Central as a team in one piece with all three rigs, may lay claim to the first ever Axialfest UTAC Champion title.
More details to come very soon including Vehicle Spec’s, Class Requirements, Registration, G6 Challenge Intel.
Axial, Axialfest Sponsors, RECON Crawlers, all look forward to seeing all of our extended Axial R/C Family in the Sierra Nevada Mountains having fun at the first ever AXIALFEST!
Event Details will be posted here:
Best Camp Site [we have these two so far, so get creative]
-Best Camp Site Theme
-Best Mobile Work Station SetUp
More info and all blogpost for AxialFest 2012