We are very excited to welcome all of you to AXIALFEST2017!
Like in years past, we will be leaving the confines of cement sidewalks, quaint neighborhoods and bumper to bumper traffic in favor of the great outdoors. The Cisco Grove Campground venue is the perfect spot for the Axial family to get together and share a weekend of fun and excitement. Please remember the focus of this event is all about having a good time. Also remember that it is important to respect your temporary neighbors at this facility, as we want to come back in the future!
Below you will find some helpful information to make your experience at AXIALFEST2017 the best it can be. We are asking for a little homework before your arrival so you are well informed about our registration process which will allow you to get to the fun part of the weekend a little faster. We have also included some helpful tips for those of you who have not been to AXIALFEST in the past as well as a checklist of basic supplies to bring.
STEP 1: CHECK IN YOUR FULL SIZE VEHICLE AT THE CAMPGROUND OFFICE
Make sure to familiarize yourself with your camp section and where the Pavilion is, located behind the H-Section camp area. After checking in with the campground and getting settled in your camp spot, follow the arrows to the Pavilion for Driver Check-In/ On-site Registration.
The designated Driver Check-In/ On-Site Registration times are:
Wednesday July 12
1:00pm – 4:00pm
6:00pm – 8:00pm
Thursday July 13
10:00am – 12:00pm
1:00pm – 6:00pm
Friday July 14
7:00am – 11:30am
2:30pm – 5:30pm
Saturday July 15
8:30am – 10:00am
Here is also some general rules regarding the campsite and campspots:
• How many individual people allowed to stay per campspot? Prices include up to 4 – 6 max @$2 per night. Children 10 and under aren’t included in the head count.
• How many vehicles? What is the fee? Maximum is 2 vehicles per site. A 3rd vehicle is permitted but must stay in the store parking lot and is an additional $5 per day.
• Up to two dogs, $2 per night per dog. For safety, dogs must be leashed at all times. And PLEASE pick up after them.
• Campfires are permitted, but must be self contained. We do not have fire pits in the campsites but are welcome to bring one. We also have some for rent; they are $8 for your entire stay. If you bring your own, they must have a bottom on them. Insides of washing machines work great or we use the bottom of the 55gal barrels.
• Quiet hours are 10pm to 8am.
• No riding OHV/ATVs through the campground.
• Check out is 11am. If you wish to stay later you can pay $10 for a late check out, giving you until 5pm that day.
• 1 RV/trailer and 1 tent OR 2 tents per site.
STEP 2: DRIVER CHECK-IN AT THE PAVILION
Steps for Driver Check-In
FOR PRE-REGISTERED ATTENDEES (Those who registered online)
1) Please “check-in” to AXIALFEST2017 on Facebook.
2) Line up by Driver Last Name (designated by overhead banners).
3) Present your registration confirmation and your Photo ID.
4) SIGN WAIVER. If you pre-registered, you can use the one you printed out and signed. If you forgot that, there will be additional waivers available at registration table. All attendees must sign waiver; Minors must have Legal Guardian sign too.
5) Receive Event Wristband and Pre-Reg Driver Bag!
6) Check Schedule for your assigned classes and have fun!
FOR ON-SITE REGISTRATION ATTENDEES
If you have not registered yet, don’t fret, you can still sign up on-site!
1) Please “check-in” to AXIALFEST2017 on Facebook.
2) Line up in the On-Site Registration Line.
**All On-Site Registration MUST be made in CASH. NO EXCEPTIONS!**
4) SIGN WAIVER, available at registration table. All attendees must sign waiver; Minors must have Legal Guardian sign too.
4) Receive Event Wristband (t-shirts will be available for purchase on site).
5) Check Schedule for your assigned classes and have fun!
Note: Run groups (your starting trail) will be marked on your wristband at registration.
All ULTRA Drivers will be in Run Group G and run Trail-G together Friday morning.
Note: Unlike 2016, Tech Inspection will take place right before the specific event at the site of the event. See event schedule for times.
AXIALFEST2017 FINAL SCHEDULE
AXIALFEST2017 SUPPLEMENTAL INTEL
Code of Conduct
AXIALFEST is a family friendly event. Here a few guidelines:
• Mind your language when in groups. Remember, there are kids around. Remember, there are kids around. Remember, there are kids around!
• This isn’t a fraternity party, please act accordingly. Lots of families, lots of kids.
• Respect others wanting to sleep at night. Mind the campground’s quiet hours.
• Dress modestly. Again, kids will be around. Consider what is printed on your clothing.
• Dress smartly for the outdoor environment. White sneakers, really?
• Respect the campground. They are not there to clean up after you.
• Clean up after yourself.
• Don’t waste water.
• Don’t park in undesignated areas.
• If there is a life threatening emergency, call 911.
ATV/UAV Rules – Off road vehicles that are not street legal and registered may not be ridden around the campground. OHVs may take the dirt path to the dirt road to access the Fordyce Trail. Registered street legal vehicles can be driven on the paved areas of the campground.
WARNINGS ABOUT NATURE
Heat – Temperatures in the Sierras can reach as high as 100 degrees during the day and below freezing at night. Weather can vary. We have seen snow, ice, rain, as well as 90* temperatures all during the same weekend at Cisco Grove. Be prepared for all temperatures and types of weather. BE PREPARED!
Altitude – Cisco Grove is in a High Altitude area. Those traveling from lower elevations may experience some altitude sickness. Altitude sickness may give you headaches and dizziness, loss of appetite and drowsiness. If you experience these symptoms it is recommended that you drink plenty of water. Headaches can be treated with a mild pain reliever such as Ibuprofen. Start drinking plenty of water 1-week in advance!
Food and Water – There are no food vendors at the Cisco Grove Campground. Hours and miles of Scale RC fun burns a lot of calories. You will need to replenish those calories and fluids. Pack extra food and water than you are expecting. Truckee is the nearest town for supplies.
Wildlife – We will be camping in the mountains. There are all kinds of wild animals in the nearby forest. Be aware of this at all times, watch where you step and be aware of your surroundings. When driving your rig, be sure to look up and pay attention to where your physical body is going and what is physically in front of you. #LostInTheScaleZoneCanBeHazardousToYourHealth
EMERGENCY CONTACT INFO
On-Site First Aid Station – There will be an on-site first aid station near the Pavilion from Thursday to Saturday to assist with any issues.
On-Site Axial Staff – If there are any issues that you would like to report regarding the experience you are having on site please notify an Axial staff member (wearing Staff Shirt) to try to rectify the situation. For basic information, please proceed to the Pavilion.
Gateway Urgent Care – 11105 Donner Pass Rd Truckee, CA 96161 – (530) 582-2070
Tahoe Forest Hospital – Donner Pass Road and Pine Ave 10121 Pine Avenue, PO Box 759 Truckee, CA 96160 – (530) 587-6011
Nevada County Sheriff’s Office – 10879 Donner Pass Rd # A Truckee, CA 96161 – (530) 582-7838
PRINTABLE CHECKLIST OF WHAT TO BRING
• Axial RC
• Batteries and Charger
• Spare Parts
• Food and water for three full days.
• Plates, cups, pots, pans, and utensils.
• T Shirts
• Socks and underwear, lots of them.
• Sturdy, close toed shoes, hiking boots recommended. Bring 2 pairs, in case one gets wet.
• Soap, shampoo, towel, quarters for showers.
• Tent, pad, sleeping bag, pillow
• EZUp canopy
• Extra towels/rags
• Wash buckets, soap, and sponge
• Now that your list is complete, bring more drinking water
AXIALFEST2017 TRAIL MAP
Above you’ll find the AXIALFEST2017 trail and campground area map. The event’s opening ceremonies, staging for the start of the Adventurist class and final awards ceremony will be at the Pavilion Backlot.
Below are the latest AXIALFEST2017 announcements:
ADVENTURIST SCORECARD – HOW DOES IT WORK? http://www.axialracing.com/blog_posts/1073918047
RUGGED RADIOS ROCK RACING CONTINGENCY PROGRAM http://www.axialracing.com/blog_posts/1073915974
A must read if you are a First Timer:
FIRST TIME TO AXIALFEST GUIDE
Official AXIALFEST2017 Facebook Event Page: